Wednesday, May 8, 2013

30 Day Challenge

It's been a couple busy days since my last post.  I am continuing with the 30 day mom/marriage challenge. It's gone really well except sometimes I find it hard to do these things x6!  Here is where we are at.

Day 2: Mom challenge- go the whole day without yelling
            Marriage challenge- go the whole day without correcting your husband

Day 3: Mom challenge- Hug your kids three times
            Marriage challenge- Hug your husband three times

Day4:  Missed- I'll make up this one!  I love the idea!
            Mom challenge- Kiss your children while they are asleep
            Marriage challenge- Kiss your husband the first time you see him in the morning

Day 5: Mom challenge- Say to yourself, "He/She is only _____ years old.  He's still a child" Then   treat him that way.
            Marriage challenge- Tell yourself, "He really loves his family, and he is doing his best for us."

Day 6: Mom challenge- Bake, make or buy them their favorite food.  (Really hard to do with five kids!!!!)
            Marriage challenge- Bake, make, or buy his favorite food.

Day 7: Mom challenge- Leave a sweet note for them
            Marriage challenge- Leave a sweet not for him

Day 8: Today
            Mom challenge- Calculate how many weekends are left until your child graduates from high school.
            Marriage challenge- Put at least one date night on your calendar this month.

Day 1 answers: Something you would like to do in the month of May
            Taylon- It's no surprise that Taylon said, "Play with Nana and go to school." However after hearing the other kids responses, he changed his to Play with Nana and go swimming.
             Dayton- Go swimming and make a pizza
             Abbie- Play family games and go swimming
             Savannah- Go to Nickelcade and ??? I'll have to ask what the 2nd was
             Ellie- Play outside family games and ???? I'll have to ask.  I guess I waited to long to blog.
             Aaron- Go to the park
             Me- No one asked but I wanted to take the kids to icecream (which we did that same day) and do a Cinco de Mayo dinner which we also did!

Yeah for my goals checked.  Now I guess we have to plan a date to do swimming.

          

1 comment:

Jen and Rob said...

I really like this BEck. I'll have to adapt a few into my life!