Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Fun

If you asked Abagail what she wanted the Easter Bunny to bring here, she would get a big smile on her face and rattle off her hundred acre friends names. She was so excited to see that the Easter Bunny honored her wish.

Dayton wasn't to sure about this holiday and why he needed to find his surprises in order to play. Once we guided him to his basket, he was happy to see a ball and new nipples for his bottles.
After going to church, we were able to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa Elwood who hid eggs all over their yard.
Dayton went for all the eggs except his family color. Dayton didn't understand that his family eggs were pink. Daddy and Dayton were wondering why mom forgot that there is now a little boy in the family and blue or green would have been a more manly color.
Abagail our big candy eater was excited to know that if she hurried and found eggs she would be able to eat what was inside.

We had a fun Easter. We loved watching the kids faces as they found their baskets and eggs... We also enjoyed hearing Ellie's description of the "real" meaning of Easter and were proud to know that she knew the holiday was not only about baskets and candy but really about the Lord's sacrafices...
We are also happy to know that we have a new family member who was born safely the other day. The "krazy elwood kids" have a baby boy cousin. We just wanted to say, "Congratulations" to Adam, Michelle, and Brig.
The next time I write, I will be able to tell you about our trip to sunny Flordia. Once again I ask for luck as Aaron and I take four small children on an airplane across the United States. This is when I hope my crazy kids will not be so crazy but well behaved. (My fingers are crossed.)

1 comment:

Kimberly and Jonathan Bradbury said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I have easter bunnies for all the kids, I guess I should have sent them home with Ellie. Oh well I'll remember next time! Our trip will be a lot of fun. Remember you have 3 extra people to help you with the kids! :-)