Saturday, April 12, 2008

Our Eventful Week

Some may think I am crazy when I say this was an eventful week, but for us...It really was an eventful week. Aaron was able to take the week off to spend some much needed time with us. So, we filled the week with activities that we are normally not able to do.

On Sunday the 6th, we were able to celebrate Aaron's birthday and Abagail's 3rd birthday with our family. We had alot of fun with everyone who was able to come.

When we asked Abbie what she wanted on her cake, she couldn't decide between her three favorite things: Cars, Winnie-the Pooh, and Mickey Mouse. So I decided to decorate her cake with all three things.




I wish you all could have seen Abbie try to blow out her candles. Her cheeks were puffed out and she was trying to blow but all that came out was a tiny bit of wind. I think she was finally able to get them blown out, one at a time, and with a little bit of help.

Abbie's actual birthday was Monday the 7th. This ended up being a little bit of a sad day because we had to take Grandma Wendy back to the airport to return to Kuwait. She has one more year in Kuwait before she will be able to return home.

Tuesday I took Dayton to the doctor for his well baby check up. We were hoping that finally, at seventeen months, he would weigh 20 pounds so that we could move him to a big boy car seat...but no such luck. One pound off. He is 19 pounds 1 ounce. Hopefully next month he will reach 20 pounds and be promoted from his infant car seat.

Wednesday Abbie had her well child check up, and checked out fine. At three years old, she is 29 pounds. We started potty training this week. Hopefully by next week we will have one less kid in diapers. Wednesday we also had a visit from my sister Kristin and her baby, Ava. It was fun to spend some time with them.


I was so proud when Ava looked at me and grinned. She is so sweet. Abbie and Savannah loved the baby and were very happy that they were able to hold her.



I'll shorten this up. Thursday was Aaron's birthday. Aaron and I were able to go out while Grandma and Grandpa Bradbury watched the kids. They were very excited when Aiden and Nikaylee (somebody will have to tell me if that spelling on her name is wrong) came over to play. We ended our week of events today, Saturday by going to Hogle Zoo, the Scout O' Rama, the Mayan for lunch, and then Great Grandma and Grandpa Wrights.

We had a lot of fun. And as Aaron says, "Next week we are back to life."
Well, I'll end this with my favorite picture of the week.......


This was taken at Abagail's birthday. I was downstairs, so I am not quiet sure what happened. All of a sudden I heard laughter erupt from the upstairs and Aaron yelling for me to come upstairs.
Somebody, I'm guessing Laura and Lindsey, dressed Dayton up in Abagail's new barbie fairy costume.
Aaron was freaking out and that's why he called me upstairs. He thought I would support him wanting the costume off, but instead I just laughed. I mean really, What do you expect when the boy has three sisters. I guess it's time that Dayton has a brother???!!!?????


NO emails. No, I am not making any announcements.



2 comments:

Kimberly and Jonathan Bradbury said...

That was a great party Becky! Thanks for having us and the food was awesome! Jonathan freaked out when he saw Dayton in that costume. haha!

kristensenkid said...

Your pics are so cute & your family is getting so big...well not to big on 15 oz to go for Dayton & his big boy carseat. We weighed Ava yesterday & she is a strong 12 lbs! I am sure it is all in her cheeks! Love you guys!