Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dare Devil seeks Adventure

This Saturday we: Aaron's Family, Our Family, and Jonathan and Kimberly spent the afternoon at Raging Waters. After spending sometime in the children's area, we decided we would go explore the park. We walked to the other side of the park in search of the Lazy River. As we walked, we passed this slide, (seen on the right hand side of the picture) called the Waimea Wave.
The Waimea Wave is a "H2O Rollercoaster RAGE-thrill." boasts Raging Waters. Raging Waters continues to say, "What goes down, now goes up! Experience the outRAGEous thrill of a Rollercoaster with the exhilerations of a waterslide. "
Those of you who have been to Raging Waters have seen this slide. It's a slide that most adults walk by and don't have the guts to try. However, this Saturday we walked past it and the first thing out of Savannah's mouth was, " I want to try that slide!" The adults who were there wondered if this would be a good idea for such a little girl but decided we would find out for her. Jonathan took Savannah to the life guard and questioned the safety of this slide. After several minutes, we concluded that it would be o.k.
We rallied the adults who were brave enough to go (Aaron and Jonathan) and sent them on there climb to the top of the slide. I stood there, very nervous, wondering if I should run after them and tell them that I had changed my mind, Savannah is just to young to go on that slide. I decided that I would stay and give her Dare Devil self a chance to try the slide.
The rest of us watched from the side lines as we waited for them to reach the top of the slide.
Jonathan came down first, he was going to go to the side in case Savannah needed help when she reached the bottom. Aaron stayed at the top to make sure Savannah got on the slide. Jonathan came down saying what fun the slide was but rushed to the side. Now it was time to be nervous!!! I thought to myself. Savannah came down the slide to everyone cheering, claping, and yelling how proud we were of her. She had a huge smile on her face. (After she went river rafting last week she told everyone what a wicked ride the river was) so Grandpa Elwood asked her if the slide was "Wicked" and she proudly said, "yes." She also said that she would like to go again. So we let her go a second time. Unfourtuntly. that wasn't quite the same reaction becuase she tiped over at the bottom.
I wish I had my camera with me so that I could have taken a picture of the excitement on her face. Hopefully, the next time my dare devil seeks adventure I will be able to capture the joy in her eyes...

No comments: