Friday, August 8, 2008

Grandma Wendy Comes to Visit



Early July we (my family and Jonathan) received a call from my Mom letting us know that she had an opportunity to come see us. So with two weeks notice, we prepared for her arrival. We were very lucky to have Grandma Wendy come visit us for those two weeks considering she was just here late March early April. The kids were so excited when she came. We waited until the night before to let them know that we would be picking her up from the airport the next day. (If you check out Jonathan's blog, he has the cutest pictures taken at the airport.) Everyone in the airport stopped to stare at the sweet reunion. Several pilots stopped to witness what they called, "a Kodak moment."

We had a very busy two weeks while she was here. I was driving to SLC or Layton nearly everyday while she was visiting. To some that may not seem like much of an effort, however, four kids in the car for an hour both ways for nearly two weeks, the kids were very restless near the end of that daily adventure.

While my Mom was here, we mostly just hung out. Ellie and Savannah slept over at Grandma's a few times (which I bet Jonathan and Kimberly are glad is over,) We went to breakfast and dinner a few times, we took the kids to Hogle Zoo, we visited Grandma and Grandpa Taylor a few times, but for the most part we played outside. The kids thought it was the greatest thing to play baseball with Grandma and to ride the new electeric scooter she purchased for the family.

Aaron and I left with the kids on the 29th for St. George, so we had to say goodbye to my Mom that day. She ended up going back to Kuwait on the 30th of July. This was the hardest goodbye for me. I think I cried for an hour, which Aaron never understood. (Men. I think most women might have understood why I was upset!!) Part of this emotion was probably pregnancy hormones. But most, I'm sure is missing my mom. She'll be back for a visit when the newest member of our family is born. However, she may not be back for good until June of 2010 which is very hard for me to comprehend.

But for now, we keep her and the other members of the Armed Forces in our hearts, minds, and prayers.

No comments: