Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Trip to Seattle

The day after we came home from St. George, Ellie, Dayton, and I, were off to the airport at 4:30 in the morning to go to Seattle for a few days. Aaron stayed home with Savannah and Abagail. After one day of being home with the girls, Aaron let me know that he had the hardest of the four. I think it was Monday when I called to talk to the girls. Aaron said, "Hold on. They are in the backyard." A minute later he returned to the phone and said, "They were in the backyard. I can't keep track of those two girls." "Great," I thought. "I'm in Seattle and my girls are MIA." (Uncle Adam and Aaron, my husband, you need to swap parenting tips. Aaron... no feeding blueberries to the babies while you wife is out of town. Adam...don't let your wife know that you lost your children while she was out of town.)



Dayton cried the whole way on the plane until the very last 10 minutes. He finally fell asleep on Ellie's lap. What is it with my kids wanting to fall asleep on Ellie? If I had known he would have done that, I would have had Ellie hold him long before.

* * * * * * * * * *


On Sunday we went to Sacrament and then went to see the Blue Angels, a flight show, over the
lake. From afar, we were also able to get a glimpse of the speed boat races. The show was awesome but you would not believe the parking nightmare we faced to get there. Cars were parked front to rear, over dozens of blocks, on both sides of the streets. It was so bad that only one direction of cars could go down several of the streets. If we saw someone was already
coming down the street, we had to back out, and wait for that car to exit so that we could enter.

Not only that but I quickly learned that if I was going to come back to Seattle, I need to be in better shape. You are either walking up a hill or down a hill to get anywhere. Walking down to the air show was not that bad. The walk was a little long and we walked down dozens of stairs but that didn't seem to bother me. The only person this was hard for was Ellie who volunteered to carry the stroller down the stairs.

The way up was horrible. I was trying to hide how out of breath I was. Here I am with my eight year old daughter who once again is carrying up the stroller with the greatest of ease, my sister who just delivered a baby three weeks before, my brother in law who has his son on his shoulders, all making it look easy. Here I was struggling to get up the stairs with Dayton. The most embarrassing part was Jen noticing that half way up the stairs I stopped to glance at how much further we had to go. She said out loud, what I was thinking in my head, "Nope. We are not at the top yet."


Here are the boys at the Air show. We were sitting on a hill. It was so cute to watch them try and walk of this hill. You could tell they hadn't had much experience walking on unstable ground. For every step they took upward, I think they took three steps backward.


Dayton trying to escape my reach to go explore.



Jen, Ellie, and little Hazen at the air show.



Here is picture of Ellie, Dayton, and Asher back at Jen and Rob's house. This may have been Asher's first time playing ring around the rosy??? He caught on very quickly. Dayton, he won't participate in ring around the rosy during nursery, but loved playing with Asher and Ellie. Asher sure loved having his older cousins to play with. He got a kick out of Ellie. Ellie could make Asher laugh for minutes just by acting goofy.

We were also able to go to the Seattle Aquarium while we were there. The kids thought this was a lot of fun. We learned that Dayton's little face he makes looks a lot like a fish. Jen nicknamed Dayton's face "the fishy face." Ellie liked to touch the star fish and also liked being able to watch the Octopus be feed. She practically memorized the facts the person was giving about Octopuses. Dayton loved the seals. He stood and watched them for awhile not wanting to leave.

I wish I could post more pictures but I can only post five. I'll post a slide show above.

We had a great time in Seattle and are thankful to Jen and Rob who let us stay with them for a few days. We are also glad that we were able to share a few days with the boys, Asher and Hazen. I'm sure Ellie will remember this trip for years to come.

No comments: