Saturday, January 10, 2009

Introducing...

Taylon Stephens Elwood


(Picture of Taylon taken on the 10Th. My first time being able to hold
Taylon except for the few seconds after birth.)

Taylon Stephens Elwood was born on Friday the 9Th of January. At six
weeks early, we are all amazed that Taylon weighed in at 6 pounds 2 ounces
and is 19 1/2 inches long. He is a miracle.



(Taylon in the NICU.)

Most of you know that I was having problems with my blood pressure. On Tuesday
my doctor was debating on induction but decided he would give the situation
one more try. He increased my medication for the third time and sent me home.
On Thursday I went to check in with the my doctor and my blood pressure was at an
all time high. At that time he decided he could no longer risk the baby or I.



(First time holding Taylon.)

I was induced at 7:30 a.m. and had Taylon at about 4:15 p.m. The NICU
worked with Taylon for a few minutes in the room and then took him to the
NICU. I was able to see him at about 9:30 p.m. last night and was able to
hold him for the first time today.




Taylon is a fighter. The NICU took him for X-rays shortly after he was born.
At that time they knew his lungs were not quite developed. He struggled all last
night for breath. (I wish I knew all the terms.) He had a breathing tube, IV, oxygen,
and feeding tube last night. They gave him medication that helped with his breathing
and were able to take him off most these things by morning. However, at lunch
his respiration was rapid, again, and he had to go back on the feeding tube.
I'll be able to see him again at 3:00 p.m.

I have to admit that one of the hardest things I have experienced is not being able
to see my son when I want. I can see him every three hours for a half hour. I miss
him so much while sitting in my hospital room! The next hardest thing was trying to
explain to my others kids why they can't see their brother. They will not be able to
see him until he leaves the NICU which could be a few weeks. Abagail doesn't
understand that her brother has been born. We've shown them all pictures hoping
this will help.

I will keep you all posted throughout the next few weeks while Taylon is in the
NICU. Please keep him in your prayers.

Becky
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Heather said...

He is so cute. We will keep him in our prayers. If you need any help with the other kids, I am home all day. Let us know if there is anything we can do. And keep us updated when you have the time.

Jen and Rob said...

HORAY! We're so happy for you:) Thanks for the call today. I can't wait to kiss his little chin!

Kimberly and Jonathan Bradbury said...

Love you guys!

Adam and Michelle Bradbury said...

We missed seeing the rest of the family yesterday but it was fun to see the girls.

Congratulations on your beautiful boy. We are all praying for quick growth and healing and hope you all are well.

Adam and Michelle Bradbury said...

Becky and Aaron I'm bouncin off the walls because I can't come see this young man. All our best to all of you.

addie.