Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fools

I wish Aaron had decided to put this moment on camera, or include me in the experience.

Savannah and Ellie lost their computer monitor/flat screen t.v. that is in their room a few weeks ago. The reason for this loss was not keeping their room clean. They don't understand why mom hates going down to their room to clean it every few days...at five and eight I think they are old enough to pick up the toys that they played with on their own.

Aaron made a deal with the girls that if they kept their room clean for seven days, they would get their computer and t.v. back. The first week we approached day five and the girls decided not to clean their room, so we started the days over. The second week they approached day four and didn't clean their room, so we started over. The third time is the charm, right? The girls went the whole week with their room clean, April Fools Day was day seven. (We couldn't have planned this better.)

While the girls were upstairs brushing their teeth, Aaron went down to their room. He threw all the stuffed animals off the top bunk bed, through their blankets on the floor, and knocked off the books that were piled on their desk so nicely. He called them down and told them he was disappointed that the room was such a mess.

Savannah gave her normal nonchalant attitude and said she didn't care. Ellie was so upset. She swore that she had made sure the room was clean. When Aaron announced April Fools, Ellie was more upset about the joke then she was the room. When Aaron told me about the experience I was upset that I would have to go clean another mess...April Fools, Mom. I did not want to me included in any April Fools jokes. Luckily he told me that he helped the girls clean.

Congratulations Girls. You finally get back your t.v.

4 comments:

Kimberly and Jonathan Bradbury said...

Haha! I would have paid to see that!

Kuhnz Family said...

That is too funny!

Teri Lyn said...

ha ha you guys are funny!! that new family picture is super cute...!!! next time you guys come over to moms you should bring me a copy! :)

Unknown said...

Hey family! This is Aaron's cousin Tricia - Nona's daughter, I got the address to your blog from my mom. I've enjoyed reading and seeing all the pictures - so much fun to get to know you guys a little bit this way! We're out in VA where I'm blogging as well - www.restonmom.com. We've just had our third baby a couple weeks ago, so it's great to see how you are doing it with five, I'm sure I could learn a lot! Hope you all are well! Love to everyone!