Saturday, April 18, 2009

ifly and Aaron

This was Aaron's Birthday gift. I asked him the other night what dreams were on his "bucket list" knowing he would say flying or skydiving. I hoped this would accomplish the task or at least let him see if he would really like to go skydiving. He had a blast. I think Aaron really liked the idea of doing something different but also that he was able to share the experience with his kids. He caught on rather quickly during training and did well during his flight time!

2 comments:

Teri Lyn said...

oh my gosh that looks like so much fun! how much did it cost you guys? mitch would love it!

Adam and Michelle Bradbury said...

I'm jealous of you guys.This is actually how I learned to skydive. They sent us to Florida during my sophomore year because orlando had the closest wind tunnel. We spent 3 or 4 days there 'flying every morning and just learning how to control our bodies while falling through the air. I think I could, with a lot of practice, probably get that kids job teaching people how to freefall. Of course that's been so long ago, who knows - I'd probably bounce if I tried skydiving again.

Tell Aaron that I just found out that the FAA just changed their rules. So when I become an instructor pilot in a year or two then I can just take a military equivilency test and get certified as a civilian flight instructor. It'll save me about $4000 for that cert. If I'm ever in town and we can harange a plane tell him that I'd love to take him up and teach him how to fly someday.

All my best to you and your sis, it sounds like you guys are having fun.

Ad