Thursday, June 12, 2008

"Aaron Dayton Elwood..."



Lately, I started calling Dayton, Aaron Dayton. When Aaron asked me why, I told him that I wanted to let Dayton hear his full name so that he can recognize that this is his full name. However, this has quickly changed as Dayton tries to cause more and more trouble. Now his name is usually said, "Aaron Dayton Elwood!" when I'm frustrated, the way our parents said our names when we were in trouble or they were frustrated....."Rebecca Lynn!!"or the one I heard most, "JONATHAN TAYLOR!" (Just kidding Jonathan.) I'm sure you all know what I mean!

But when you get down to it...can Dayton really get in trouble...Probably not. He has his Mom wrapped around his little finger. I think he is so adorable. I think having no other children (yet) follow him has been good becuase I have been able to enjoy every second with him. I've said it before, he is so different than my girls. He notices the nuts and bolts of everything. He sees the hinges on doors, he loves to play with and eat dirt, he loves when his Dad gets out his tools, he loves to climb and look for new adventures.

Sometimes I'm amazed at what his little body can do. Dayton is still very small, at ninteen months he's just barely over 20 pounds. This does not stop him. He climbs to everything
that he can't reach. If he needs some leverage he scoots a kitchen chair over to where he wants to reach. Because of this we put our kitchen chairs on the table in the day.

Recently Aaron and I have put locks on everything we don't want the kids to get into. However,
there is one cupboard, the cereal cupboard, that we have not been able to do this to and Dayton is in it all day long. He loves cereal. Sometimes he gets a little to excited digging into the
bag that he dumps the cereal all over the floor. (Usually when I have just finished mopping.)

We recently heard from Adam that Adam and Michelle love when Brigham gives kisses. This is true with us. These are treasured times. Dayton won't always give us kisses, but when he does, they are the sweetest. We make sure that when he is in kissing mode that he doesn't forget his sisters. They LOVE it!







These are some pictures of Dayton moving the Kitchen chair to find something on the counter that of course, he shouldn't have.

1 comment:

Adam and Michelle Bradbury said...

I love how you are doing a blog for each kid. That will be very nice for them some day.

For your pictures, if you want to you can make them larger in picassa if you go into the html edits and scroll down until it says height or width. Just look for a number it should be 300 or so. We figured out that if you manually change it to 550 or 600 the pictures still fit on the screen but are much larger for viewing. Call me if you're interested and I can save you the time of figuring it out like we did.

Love the updates, keep posting them sweetheart. Hey, do you have a webcam?

addie.