Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Partners in Crime are at it again...


Well I'm sure we all know by now that sometimes pictures just don't want to move where we want them to move. ( No matter how hard we try.) So, you'll see later that the kids are playing in our pool while Dayton is content sitting on the side line.


This is my favorite Dayton face. I see it quite often. In one expression he says, " I know this is wrong, but I'm having fun!!! So why are you getting made at me." Sometimes he'll add the sound effect, "HUH," to this facial expression.

The story behind these pictures is....I wasn't paying attention. I was filling up the pool for Ellie and Savannah while Abbie and Dayton decided it would be fun to play in the mud. Before I knew it ....we couldn't play in the pool until I had Abbie and Dayton's mess cleaned up.


I think we gave up on the pool this day. Within a few minutes Dayton was covered head to toe in mud, his favorite blanket was also covered, he had dirt in his mouth, (which is not unusual these days, for some reason he loves to eat dirt...GROSS!) and Abbie had dirt all over her hands and toes. (Which is unusual for her because she's like her mom and HATES to be dirty.)

Who knew that if you set up one little kiddie pool (which is really only big enough for Abbie and Dayton) that half the street would come over to play.

This is Ellie, Savannah, and Dayton playing with their friends in the pool. Ellie is taking charge which is how she is these almost eight year old days. Dayton doesn't really care for water unless it's in the bathtub. Once he was sprinkled with the hose, he had enough.



Abbie is finally being brave enough to check out the pool. She was fine until Ellie sprinkled her with the hose and than she decided not to play.



After being sprinkled with the hose, Dayton is content to sit and watch the other kids play. He found the perfect seat, the sprinkler box in the front yard.

No comments: